DDRace Servers and much more!
DDraceNetwork (DDNet) is an actively maintained version of DDRace, a Teeworlds modification with a unique cooperative gameplay. Help each other play through custom maps with up to 64 players, compete against the best in international tournaments, design your own maps, or run your own server. The official servers are located in Germany, Russia, USA, China, Chile, Brazil and South Africa. All ranks made on official servers are available worldwide and you can collect points!
DDNet is six years old and that means ... it's time for DDNet to go to school. Also, we'll have a tournament ready that will get your brain ducked!
Join us on Sunday, August 18th at 20:00 CEST to play the brand-new Brutal map brainduck2 by ٭ıƞdex'<3 & Rapture on every official DDNet server around the world. May the first team to finish win!
Discussion on the forum.
The Teeworlds Machine Learning Project needs you, or more precisely your skill! On the TMLP Vanilla DM server (connect to timakro.de:8500 or search for TMLP) we automatically record your gameplay to train an AI on it.
The master servers are under attack lately so the server gets little attention. This is why I invite you to the TMLP Deathmatch Night this Saturday 2019-06-15 at 20:00 CEST. The address of the server in Germany is timakro.de:8500 on version 0.6, add it to your favorites! We will be playing 10 rounds of DM with the winner being the first one to reach 20 points. The player with the most wins gets a special mention in the servers MOTD if they wish so, the better you play the more valuable your data is to the project after all. I hope to see your there! Apart from the event you are always welcome to play on our server.
Map suggestions are welcome, because a wide variety of maps is beneficial for the AI training in order for the AI to learn the game and not a specific map. Currently we host all the standard DM and CTF maps. If you are a leader or member of a competitive DM community I'd be happy to connect with you and maybe form a collaboration.
The goal is to teach an AI to play Teeworlds Deathmatch. Here's an example of how the recorded data looks like, which is what the AI will see:
Once the AI is a little bit competent I will experimenting with reinforcement learning, which basically means letting the AI playing against another instance of itself and training it on the gameplay data of the winner. I will release my results and the source code in the future, if the project is successful.
With recent versions of DDNet client you can play demo files directly by pulling them into the client instead of having to put the demo file into the demo directory and navigating to it in the client.
A less known feature that has existed for a few months is opening links to DDNet server with the client directly. The links can look like this:
- Domains are supported as well: ddnet:ger.ddnet.tw:8303
- Default port is 8303: ddnet:ger.ddnet.tw
You can see those links on our status page as well.
On Windows you can set the default program to open ddnet: links using this guide by following the instructions for "Manage Launch Options by Protocol".
On Linux you can create a
~/.local/share/applications/DDNet.desktop file with this content:
And then running
xdg-settings set default-url-scheme-handler ddnet DDNet.desktop.
DDNet 12.1 has been released with the following highlights:
- [Client] Colored ping in scoreboard [Ryozuki]
- [Client] Color for your clan in scoreboard [Ryozuki]
- [Client] Console command color_from_rgb to convert colors into TW formats
- [Client] Handle failures while updating
- [Client] Add ctrl-a/ctrl-e navigation in console [ChillerDragon]
- [Client] Fix Home/End keys in console
- [Client] cl_mouse_min_distance to keep mouse at a minimum distance from center of screen
- [Client] Enable gun sound by default again
- [Client] Allow faster demo playback
- [Editor] Notify about chat mentions [jao]
- [Editor] Fix nondestructive mapping mode with hookthroughs [jao]
- [Editor] More accurate world offset calculation [jao]
- [Server] Display playerflags and DNSBL in rcon status command
- [Server] Don't show IPs in rcon console by default, enable with show_ips 1
- [Server] Save telegun on /save [Ryozuki]
- [Server] Make timestamp consistent for every member of team in final ranks
- [Server] Display unicode names like 😶 correctly when returned from database
- [Server] Fix crash when draggers don't have a number [jao]
- Many minor fixes and improvements
Previously the recent top records on DDNet were only visible in the #records channel on our Discord server. Now they are also displayed prominently on the Status page, where you can toggle whether to see the top records of the last day or the last week. You can also use a feed reader to keep up with the most recent top records using the Atom feed we provide.
While we're at it, you can also check out:
DDNet 12.0 has been released with the following highlights:
- [Client] Server browser tab for KoG servers
- [Client] Mark official DDNet & KoG servers with a ✓ (graphic by ┇»MíM«┇)
- [Client] Autocomplete chat commands starting with /
- [Client] Fix rendering glyphs not in font
- [Client] Color authed players in spec
- [Client] Don't ask to quit without good reason (cl_confirm_quit_time)
- [Client] Ask to disconnect (dummy) when race time is high (cl_confirm_disconnect_time)
- [Server] Exclude current map on random map votes [jao]
- [Server] Add vote_unmute and vote_mutes [Ryozuki]
- [Server] Fix updating nameban reason [jao]
- [Server] Don't enforce own votes when moderating [jao]
- [Server] Only print team join message when not in team already
- [Editor] Add non-destructive brush drawing mode [jao]
- [Editor] Add shortcut to add quad/sound at mouse position [jao]
- [Editor] Don't rotate static game tiles and fix switch rotation [jao]
- [Editor] Allow editing texture UV offsets in quad properties [Bojidar]
- As usual, lots of minor fixes
On Sunday, March 17 DDNet broke its old record of the most points earned in a day! The points were made on the following server types:
The map is the third installation in a map series inspired by the graphics and puzzles of the popular Portal game series.
For comparison, the previous record of 21531 points in a day was also on a Sunday, specifically March 6, 2016. And one day earlier another dummy map in a popular series was released as well: Caventure IV by Meliodafu:
I guess this either means that Dummy maps are really popular or they give too many points considering their difficulty.
In unrelated news, there has been a lot of work going on in DDNet development today, so look forward to the next release.
Grim Reaper by Pulsar has finally been finished 4 months after its release:
Watch the insanely hard run by the Russian pros N9mkOik & Vendetta:
The only other 50 points map is Adrenaline 4 by Silex, which has only been finished by one team on GER and one on Chile, each with times of over 5 hours:
|1.||331:00||<BµmM>, =Schulzer=, Forris, Freezestyler, HaHAxD*, Starkiller & Tropo|
|2.||414:12||Grk0ne & gL. | Kenzo|
On Solo server the recently released Memento mori by Starkiller is still unfinished:
2018 is coming to an end and like last year, you can vote for your favorite maps/mappers of the year!
Everyone has 3 votes for each category. The polls will be running for 2 weeks until January 13th.
In total, 79 (new) maps were released this year - by far the most by Im 'corneum with 15 maps.