DDRace Servers and much more!
DDraceNetwork (DDNet) is an actively maintained version of DDRace, a Teeworlds modification with a unique cooperative gameplay. Help each other play through custom maps with up to 64 players, compete against the best in international tournaments, design your own maps, or run your own server. The official servers are located in Germany, Russia, USA, Canada, China, Chile, Brazil and South Africa. All ranks made on official servers are available worldwide and you can collect points!
With a race time of over 16 hours Starkiller finished the run_antibuguse map yesterday. Thus Starkiller is now the first player on DDNet in many years to have finished all maps and by doing so earned 23005 points. Congratulations!
The current scoreboard:
Points (23005 total)
|10.||17379 pts||gB. | Kayumi|
|15.||16386 pts||gL. | Kenzo|
- In August 2013 *WuDL* was leading with just 728 points out of 1566 total
- In October 2013 Aoe took the lead with 1220 points out of 2900 total (and it's the only time I managed to be in the Top 10 of Global Points myself!)
- In February 2014 aMu took over with 2447 points out of 4620 total
- Finally in June 2014 we see milk, who was playing predominantly on the Russian server, appearing out of nowhere with 4985 points out of 6665
- In January 2015 gB. | Kayumi is the first girl to top DDNet's ranks with 7812 points out of 10254
- But in April 2015 milk overtook her again with 9457 points out of 11323 and stayed in the lead even until February 2017 with 18683 points out of 20643
If anyone has further information or a good memory please post it in the forum discussion.
Thanks to all donors donating a total of 520 € and sponsoring servers DDNet is now fully funded for 2018!
Following high demand the DDNet RUS server has now been upgraded to handle a higher number of players. Enjoy.
Yesterday players on DDNet servers made 1997 map finishes with a total length of 1402 hours or 58 days. Note that we are only counting gameplay that leads to finishing a map. So if you have to try a map for hours and keep failing, and only finally finish it in a 10 minutes run, only 10 minutes are added to the total time. For comparison: Yesterday players spent 4064 hours or 169 days on the DDNet servers to make these 1402 hours of finishes. (It's also interesting to consider that DDNet servers are using up half a year of life time every day.)
Since the inception of DDNet in 2013, 1684 days ago, our players made an average sum of 521 hours or 21 days of ranks every day. All ranks made since then are 877274 hours long, which is slightly more than 100 years.
So congratulations to DDNet for turning 100 years old! More statistics on Statistics & Charts.
After a long time DDNet 11 has finally been released today with the following highlights:
- Emoji support in chat [CookieMichal]
- OpenGL 3 graphics support for better zooming out [Jupeyy]
- Teehistorian: record player inputs on server [heinrich5991]
- Ghost and demo recorder rework (teerace compatible) [Redix]
- /pause [name] and /spec [name] to watch a specific player immediately
- Improve server browser spoofing protection [heinrich5991]
- More customizable HUD options (cl_showemotes, cl_shownotifications, cl_show_chat_system)
- Rcon moderate mode [Ryozuki]
- Reconnecting doesn't unmute you anymore
- FNG mod entities [noby]
- Fix crashes in client and server
New DDNet Chile 2 server running. Please try it out and report your results on the DDNet forum!
On the DDNet Discord chat we run a bot to show new map records. After it posted strange records, people became suspicious.
I tried to figure out why the bot was showing strange records, but could not find out:
Konsti on the other hand tried defending his ranks:
Tonight around 1 AM snail noticed further strange ranks while investigating the situation. As a consequence the DDNet admins Learath2, snail, HMH and heinrich5991 investigated the situation throughout the night. (I had no idea everyone was awake and busy while I was sleeping.) They discovered that Sajed, the person sponsoring the DDNet Persian server, was abusing his control of the server to manipulate ranks. See a small excerpt of his activity from the logs:
Some affected players like Konsti afterwards tried to hide their suspicious new ranks by finishing race maps many times and asking Sajed to increase the manipulated times to more realistic values.
As a consequence the Persian server has been shut down, the affected ranks have been removed and all passwords were reset.
(Update: I heard that the cheated ranks have in fact not been removed yet, but we will do that later.)
In hindsight it was a gamble to run the Persian server with a sponsor that we didn't know. Most of DDNet servers are hosted by me directly (DDNet.tw, GER, RUS, Chile, South Africa, USA). The remaining three servers are run by trustworthy people from the community: Brazil by RafaelFF, CHN by ACTom), CAN by o_be_one from r0x.fr.
In related news: Does anyone know a good VPS hoster in Iran?