- News (all)
- Server Features
- Client Features
- Map Features
- How to Map
- Useful Binds
- Settings & Commands
- Staff & Contact
- IRC WebChat (Logs)
DDRace Servers and much more!
DDraceNetwork (DDNet) is an actively maintained version of DDRace, a Teeworlds modification with a unique cooperative gameplay. Help each other play through custom maps with up to 64 players, compete against the best in international tournaments, design your own maps, or run your own server. The official servers are located in Germany, USA, Canada, Russia, China, Chile, Brazil and South Africa. All ranks made on official servers are available worldwide and you can collect points!
Have you ever had Internet problems and still wanted to play your favorite DDNet maps? Now it has become a bit easier:
The ddnet-maps repository contains all official DDNet maps, updated daily, ready to be run in your own server! Simply download this repository, add your DDNet-Server binary (distributed together with the DDNet client) and start the server. You can change the settings in autoexec_server.cfg
To download this repository you have two choices:
- Download the ZIP and you get a current snapshot of all maps, but can't easily update it.
git clone https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet-mapsand you have the full history of this git repository. To update your copy of maps simply execute
DDNet 10.0 has been released with the following changes:
- [Client] Switched to SDL2, allows pasting from clipboard and a better compatibility with new environments (mostly by swick & oy)
- [Server/Client] Add a faster and easier to use hookthrough tile, read the tutorial (by timakro)
- [Client] Added overlay entities support for other gametypes including OpenFNG and Race (by Soreu & timakro)
- [Client] Update mapping and overlay entities (by Soreu)
- [Client] Add client setting cl_show_local_time_always=0 if true show the current time ingame at the top of the screen
- [Client] Rename cl_reconnect_ban to cl_reconnect_timeout
- [Client] Remove cl_reconnect_full and cl_reconnect_full_timeout, set cl_reconnect_timeout or cl_reconnect_full to 0 to deactivate reconnecting now
- [Client] Add function to remove messages from demo when slicing it
- [Client] Add client command demo_speed i[speed] to set the demo playing speed
- [Client] Remove ingame network tab to show browser and ghost tab directly
- [Client] Show ingame ghost tab only on race servers (by Henningstone)
- [Client] Alert if layer size is bigger than 1000 to prevent unnecessary huge layers
- [Client] Add shorcut key F5 or CTRL+R to reload server and demo browser
- [Client] Make double click work on votes
- [Client] Key up/down in serverbrowser doesn't change friend list
- [Client] Make fading border in menu more customizeable (by Soreu & timakro)
- [Client] Fix: No tab selected when joining server from news page
- [Client] Fix: gfx_resizable on by default with X11
- [Server] Add server settings sv_connlimit=4 and sv_connlimit_time=20 to control the number of connections an IP is allowed to do in a timespan
- [Development] Allow autoupdater to update DLL files (by Learath2)
- [Editor] Prevent placing unused tiles, mapping for other gametypes requires activating the 'Unused' button now!
- [Editor] Rearrange editor buttons to fit for 5:4 resolutions and a cleaner look (by timakro)
- [Mapping] Add map setting sv_deepfly=1 if false deepfly doesn't work anymore, useful for dummy maps (by timakro)
- [Mapping] Improve automapper for ddnet_tiles.png (by hi_leute_gll)
Since DDNet 10.0, if you're on Linux you need to install SDL2 using your package manager. On Debian and Ubuntu this can be done using
sudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0
DDNet 9.3 has been released with the following changes:
- [Server] New unlock team tile which unlocks the team if one of the teammembers touches it, already added to a lot of dummy maps
- [Server] The server congratulates you to your DDNet birthday if you join a server on the day you finished your first map
- [Client] Fix: No antiping in demo player or when spectating
- [Client] Optimize PNGs in filesize
- [Server/Client] Fix: Hammer hit isn't predicted by antiping when hammer is off
- [Server] Killer of locked team will get strong hook on respawn (by HMH)
- [Server] sv_hide_score now also hides the answer of /rank and /teamrank to everyone except the requester
- [Translation] Add persian language (by OneShadow)
- [Translation] Add font support for chinese, japanese, korean in the language list (by awaysoft)
DDNet 9.2 has been released with the following changes:
- [Client] Add quick search for skin selection (by timakro)
- [Server] No respawn delay on suicide else possiblity to respawn instantly by firing (by HMH)
- [Client] Fix memory leak that occured when playing with dummy
- [Client] Fix: Move kill messages down in case fps is shown (by timakro)
- [Server] Veto right applies to people who are on a server instead of in a race for a long time
- [Server] New config option sv_join_vote_delay=1 if true you have to wait 60 seconds after joining until you can vote, doesn't apply when joining empty servers (by heinrich5991)
- [Server] New config option sv_server_info_per_second=50 to control how many complete server info responses are maximal sent per second, fixes DoS vulnerability (by heinrich5991)
- [Translation] Tons of additions to the chinese language (by awaysoft)
- [Translation] Improve catalan translation (by Ryozuki)
DDNet has an official YouTube channel - don't forget to subscribe!
Inactive for some time, will be alive again.
More details and rules can be found on Forum.
Do you remember clan NUT? They presented maps with an unique design, often for bigger groups (up to 10(!) tees required).
We will release their normal, hardcore and short maps every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2016-02-01 to 2016-03-25.
They are made mostly by Zeta-Hoernchen. Look for them on DDmaX Server.
Dummy maps have their own category on DDNet now. They have been moved from Moderate and Brutal servers.
This type of map requires a tee (dummy) that can't move, hammer and hook, because of deep-freeze, but wisely used and dragged by player will allow him to reach finish line.
If you are on Windows you have to download the new version manually otherwise your client will break!
DDNet 9.1 has been released with the following changes:
- [Client] Add selection of eye emotes to the emote selector (#317, #373)
- [Server] Add a new rcon access level "helper" (#356)
- [Client] Add config option `cl_save_settings` that can disable saving the config on closing (#352)
- [Client] Add config option `cl_text_entities` to disable slow rendering of entities with text (#340)
- [Client] Fix a constant in the UTF-8 decoder (#332)
- [Client] Fix an envelopes bug (#339)
- [Client] Fix antiping config handling, stop subconfigs from resetting on restart (#333)
- [Client] Fix background map setting in 5:4 resolution (ecc9cbfe)
- [Client] Fix dummy input behaving weirdly sometimes (#364)
- [Client] Fix game layer rendering depending on the order they appear in the map (#343)
- [Client] Fix the UI of the "Vanilla Skins only" setting (24f97361)
- [Client] Fix the menu music playing ingame (#350)
- [Client] Fix weapon rotation around the top (#369)
- [Client] Increase width of the date column in the demo browser (865d5095)
- [Client] Replace `cl_show_new_skins` and `cl_show_custom_skins` with `cl_vanilla_skins_only` (ed49e321)
- [Client] Reset stat scoreboard when the game restarts (#366)
- [Client] Securely generate the random client port (#396)
- [Client] Stop the ingame server browser from reloading when clicking a tab again (#342)
- [Development] Add NetBSD support (522c4133, from vanilla #1165)
- [Development] Cross-compile improvements (fca4c112, d4fe267c)
- [Development] Fix MySQL building on OS X (#317)
- [Development] Fix linking of libdl on some systems (3f094bf..596ee341)
- [Development] Make OS X build forward compatible (#361)
- [Editor] Fix crash when opening files without transparency information, i.e. RGB instead of RGBA (aa4bbed1)
- [Server/Client] Add description to console command arguments (#389)
- [Server/Client] Allow setting config variables to the empty string (2874e18c)
- [Server] Add a config option `sv_dragger_range` to adjust the range of draggers (#323)
- [Server] Add a config option `sv_sql_create_tables` to not try to create the record tables if they don't exist (336e9165)
- [Server] Add a message that specifies who killed a race team (#367)
- [Server] Add an option to reload the map once the server becomes empty (#355)
- [Server] Don't reset timeout protection status on rejoin (d1c05515)
- [Server] Fix a thread handle leak on Windows (74879237)
- [Server] Fix name equality checking a few times (#385, #386)
- [Server] Only log name changes when the name actually changes (f20a6a49)
- [Server] Security: Fix registering vulnerability (#359)