DDRace Servers and much more!
DDraceNetwork (DDNet) is an actively maintained version of DDRace, a Teeworlds modification with a unique cooperative gameplay. Help each other play through custom maps with up to 64 players, compete against the best in international tournaments, design your own maps, or run your own server. The official servers are located in Germany, Russia, USA, China, Chile and South Africa. All ranks made on official servers are available worldwide and you can collect points!
I'm happy to present you the first DDNet Tournament of 2020, the Moderate map luminati by SUKA:
The Tournament will be played on Sunday, January 26 at 20:00 CET. The best team finish time after 90 minutes wins! The map is well-playable with dummy. Special feature of the map is that there are 65 parts in total of which you have to finish only 15 to finish, so choose your path wisely. Thanks to jao for selecting and testing the map!
Discussion on the forum.
DDNet7 Server by fokkonaut and ChillerDragon has been released in its initial version 0.9. DDNet7 is DDNet ported to Teeworlds 0.7. Get it here:
- show game tiles
- EXPERIMENTAL ddrace editor support (switch,front,tele & speedup layers)
- hook collision +showhookcoll
- zoom zoom+;zoom-;zoom
- 64 player scoreboard
- A client dummy
bind x "toggle cl_dummy 1 0"
- Highlight admins red in scoreboard
- Show when spectators leave the server
- Show prediction to server
Source code is available on GitHub.
ZillyWoods is not affiliated with or reviewed by DDNet directly, so use at your own risk.
As you might have noticed there was a split in the Teeworlds world with the release of Teeworlds 0.7 last year.
Servers are running in all our usual locations: Germany, Russia, Chile, USA, South Africa and China. The ranks database is shared with our current DDNet servers. For now we will run the old (0.6 based) DDNet servers and new DDNet7 servers in parallel.
Note that this is a beta, we are not sure yet if there will be bugs and whether ranks might have to be deleted because of physics changes or other bugs.
You can find the source code for the DDNet7 project on GitHub.
A plan for the future is to port the current DDNet client to the netcode of 0.7 so that it works with the new DDNet7 servers, but will still keep its old look. This would allow us to get all the DDNet client goodies into the 0.7 world.
We will stop hosting official DDNet servers in Brazil. We are not sure when exactly the hoster will shut us down. Huge thanks to RafaelFF for sponsoring the server for the past years! (And also for maintaining the DDNet ArchLinux AUR package and DDNet ArchWiki entry.)
The situation is that there are only a few players on Brazil server, but the costs are quite high at about 20 € / month. We had to reconsider as RafaelFF could no longer pay by his usual method, and we would have had to set up a new server anyway since the hoster stopped offering virtual servers (or renamed them to cloud, depending on your PoV).
Hopefully the Chile servers are close enough that Brazilian players can play there.
Thanks to heinrich5991 we have another DDNet GER2 server running. Enjoy!
Looking at the top records on DDNet yesterday it seems like Yota. is on a streak of getting top ranks, mostly in dummy maps. I don't think I've ever seen that many top ranks by one player in a single day:
DDNet 12.7 has been released today with the following highlights:
- [Server] Allow to hammer directly on unfreeze. Previously, this was only doable with frame-perfect input if you were going to get frozen again the next tick. Now, you only have to hold your hammer to immediately hammer once you get unfrozen.
- [Client] Numbers centered for OpenGL 3.3 [Andrii]
- [Client] Add tunezone prediction [trml]
- [Client] Add toggle keyboard shortcuts button to demo player [jao]
- [Client] Don't highlight window when playing demo
- [Client] Fix keeping tmp replay demo file on map change [archimede67]
- [Client] Fix skin reset [jao]
- [Editor] Add a saner way to select angles [Learath2]
- [Server] Fix telegun save [Ryozuki]
- [Server] Handle 0 star random map votes [jao]
- [Server] Fix filescore path [ChillerDragon]
- [Server] Mark players as afk initially [Learath2]
- [Server] Fix show_ips to show regular formatting