The End of DDraceNetwork
DDraceNetwork ends on October 1 if we can’t find someone to run the servers. It has been a great 2 years building DDNet as a totally free game with servers all over the world, overcoming technical and personal challenges and watching the international community grow. Huge thanks to everyone who helped, donated and spent their time on DDNet, without you all DDNet would never have been possible! You can read more about DDNet’s history if you’re interested.
The main reason for shutting down DDNet is that I’m finishing my studies and want to focus on other projects. The time needed and costs for keeping DDNet running are too high for me. I couldn’t bear to watch DDNet deteriorate in quality and no fitting maintainer could be found to keep DDNet running.
All the work put into DDNet and the collected data stays available for other server hosters to use as they see fit:
- https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet: Source code of the client and server
- https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet-scripts: Scripts and instructions for running an official server
- https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet-maps: All maps ever released
- https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet-web: Website source
- </stats/>: Statistics and all ranks ever made (CSV, SQL)
I hope you all had a great time on DDNet and met many nice people from all over the world. Enjoy your life!
You can discuss this on the forum.
deen / Dennis Felsing